As a web-based office, I hope to make the estate planning process much more convenient for you by giving you access to your own online client account portal where you can access your files, review the status of any matter, and even make online payments, all which can be done without leaving your home or your office! The client portal is provided by a reputable cloud-based practice management software called MyCase, which basically replaces the traditional file cabinets located in a brick-and-mortart law office which you personally would not have immediate access to.
If you need new estate planning documents, for example, here are the general steps we will take:
- You fill out a client and asset information worksheet that I will provide you after you contact me.
- I will review this worksheet and we will have a conference to review the worksheet over e-mail or video conference on Skype, Google Hangouts or Zoom. I might even be able to prepare a visual flowchart of what I propose that your estate plan should be structured even before we discuss, along with a proposed flat fee.
- Should you decide to move forward, I will set up an online account and send you a Retainer Agreement for your signature.
- I will then draft your documents. You will be able to see drafts ready for your review in the Client Account Portal.
- After any changes are made after you’ve reviewed your drafts, an invoice for services will be uploaded in the Client Account Portal. After this has been paid online, you will then be able to download and print final versions of your documents.
- I will give you instructions on how to get your documents signed and notarized. Depending on where you live, we may be able to arrange to have a mobile notary come to your house to notarize them.
Check out the FAQs page for more information.
Are you ready to get started? If so, fill out this contact form and I will be in touch with you as soon as possible:
Note on Security
If you have any concerns about security and confidentiality, rest assured, MyCase uses bank-grade law firm security for its cloud-based case management software. For more information, check it out here. As you will see, all documents will be saved in your “client file” in the Client Account Portal and they will be backed up. Sensitive information will be encrypted as well. Data and files will be regularly backed up.